Tuesday 3 July 2012

Prologue

Hello!  I'm Claire, a 21 year old bookworm and writer from sunny Scotland.  After four blissful years spent doing what I love and calling it work, I have finally completed my English degree and am about to embark on my next big adventure: as an MSc Publishing student - I can hardly wait!

None of my real-life friends want to listen to me harping on about books all day every day so this blog is my little place in which to indulge myself.  I'm going to be posting about books, poetry, book art, cover designs, publishing, literary events and anything else that takes my fancy!  I hope to post book reviews too, although my reading-time is largely devoted to the lengthy reading list for my publishing course these days - and who wants to hear my views on A History of British Publishing?  Anyone?  No?

I've always been an avid reader and I will read anything and everything.  As I child, I would sit in the bath and read all of the shampoo bottles!  My favourite writers are J. K. Rowling, Nabokov, Sarah Waters, Philip Pullman, Jonathan Safran Foer, Augusten Burroughs, Margaret Atwood, Virginia Woolf, Charlotte Bronte, e. e. cummings, Pablo Neruda, Max Wallis, Tennessee Williams and, of course, William Shakespeare - to name a few!  I have a very open mind and am always looking for reading recommendations so email me with your suggestions at the address provided below.


When I don't have my nose stuck in a book, I'm the adventuring type.  I love impromptu trips, exploring new places and spending whole days outdoors.  I have a penchant for films, music, theatre, cats, dinosaurs and the sound the sea makes. 

I love to get to know my fellow bookworms, so if you have any comments, suggestions, constructive criticism or would just like to say hello don't hesitate to get in touch!

I am also happy to accept book reviews and other contributions from guest bloggers - just email me with your idea at theliteraryaffair@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I don't even know how this works in terms of whether it tells you I followed you or THE LIKE.

    I maked a blog and stuff. Now what happens? When is the party!?

    (Am I ruining the intellectual atmosphere?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It does tell me, I've followed you back. I think I have three whole followers now (unless you've followed me twice) so we should definitely organise a party, it would be wild!

      Delete