(This was so difficult!)
1. A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
2. I, the Divine by Rabih Alammedine
3. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
6. Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee
7. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
8. Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
9. Affinity by Sarah Waters
10. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
And can I just cheat a little by stating that the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling and the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman should definitely be in there somewhere as well.
What are your top 10 favourite reads?